Thursday 4 September 2014

RIP Joan Rivers

Legendary comedienne Joan Rivers died in a Manhattan hospital today, a week after she went into cardiac arrest during a routine throat procedure.

In a statement, her daughter Melissa said the 81-year old passed away peacefully, surrounded by her family.

The legendary comedienne was rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital a week ago after going into cardiac arrest during an outpatient procedure on her vocal chords at another clinic, which is now under investigation.

'It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers,' Melissa Rivers said in a statement released to the press Thursday.

'She passed peacefully at 1:17pm surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff of Mount Sinai Hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother.

'My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh.
Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment